Chrissy's river of action

My Blog is an outlet for my thoughts and feelings that would otherwise remain unexpressed.

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Frankfurt VI

I had a fun day yesterday despite being a little hung over.  Friday night I had gone to the Grohe again for the second time this week.  I met Johannes, Finnbar, Fredi, and Helmut there for a few beers.  This one was planned by Fredi, whereas Wednesday night was more a spontaneous suggestion by Marion.  I had about five beers and stayed till midnight.

I had planned with Linda to meet Chloe in Ffm to do some shopping Saturday.  I ran around the apartment trying to get ready to go.  But first I had to go and get some groceries at Tegut.  I wanted also to go and get my cabinet door from the antique shop, as I had told them that I would pick it up then.  In the end I only had enough time to buy groceries and bring them back home, no door.  I will just have to try to make it by the store this coming week to get it.  I didn’t want to jeopardize me being able to make the 14.05 train to Neu Isenburg.  I made it home and back out to the Bahnhof with time to spare.  I rolled a bunch of smokes during the train ride.

When I still had a couple of stops to go, I wrote Linda an SMS but realized I didn’t have her number stored in the phone so I pulled out my PDA to get her number.  It wouldn’t power up for some reason, Shit!  I pressed the reset button and still nothing.  I quickly changed out the battery and tried it again.  It reset everything, which means it wiped everything out, and I mean EVERYTHING!  All my contacts, calendar, notes, everything.  How was I supposed to contact Linda?  I was standing on the platform at my stop frantically trying to figure out what to do.  I started to feel really insecure.  Linda sent me an SMS and I called her back.  She was on her way to collect me.  I hadn’t realized how much I count on my personal technology until it was gone.  Thank heavens that I have at least my contacts and calendar synched up with my computer at work.  Those two things are the main reason I have my PDA.  I lost also some journal type notes that I had written over the past several months.  I guess I will have to learn how to back up the data on it now.  I have been wanting for some time to update the software on it, but in order to do this, one must start from null.  I am at null now.  I think the backup battery is shot too.  The nearest I can tell is the backup battery shit the bed and then started to drain the main battery.

I was feeling a bit out of it and not so physically stable from the hangover I was nursing.  I really should limit myself to a maximum of three beers in one sitting.  More than that has become too much for my body to handle.  Linda picked me up and we were off to Ffm to meet Chloe.  We parked in the Konstabler garage and walked to our meeting point, the Galleria in front of H&M.  The Zeil was really crowded, and I was having a bit of a problem navigating through the masses.  We met Chloe as planned and started walking back to the Farmer’s Market at the other end of the Zeil.  We managed to find Linda’s neighbor around the wine stands.  He was drinking Sekt and we decided on apfelwein.  We chit-chatted a bit and then went to café Nachtleben for a coffee.  Our waitress was trans, which I thought was kinda cool.  I find that I am able to sniff-out others like me quite easily now.

I found a nice back brush/loofa and some candles at a euro store (like a “dollar” store).  We later went to the Camper store in the Goethestrasse, a very shi-shi part of the shopping area.  The selection wasn’t the greatest, but they did have the black boots that I had seen online, only not in my size.  I tried on another different pair that fit very well.  The color wasn’t really what I was looking for.  I am still unsure of the color even though I decided to buy them.  I also bought a pair of flat mary janes.  I am unsure of these too, because I really wanted something in a flat with a pointy toe.  I can return them for a full refund within thirty days.  I checked online just a minute ago at Schuhpaket for the boots that bought, but in black.  They had them in a 42 and are the same price.  I at least know that the camper women’s size 42 fits.  I also saw some sleek sneakers with the narrow toe from Merril on the site.  I think I will buy the black boots and a pair of sneakers from the online store and return the stuff I bought yesterday.  That’s the beauty of online shopping.  I apologize to Chloe for carrying the bag with my boots in it forever, *sorry*.

On the way back from the Camper store, we headed toward H&M to buy my first real bra.  As we were arriving at the door to the store, Alvero, a friend Chloe had introduced me to, walked hurriedly right by us.  I said his name and he turned around to come back to say hi.  He works at Benetton which is also right there.  He was wearing jeans with a white button down shirt and a pink sweater vest.  This is a little odd to gaze upon, because he usually wears black and is obsessed with Siouxie-Sue, nuff said.  We went into H&M and went up the escalator to the second floor, where all the girly stuff is.  I wanted to get a basic smooth cup bra in a 36A.  As one can imagine, a size 36 in an A cup is not such a common size.  I ended up buying a sea foam green lace bra.  Yay!

We decided to eat Thai food right near the parking garage.  I said it was my treat, but I didn’t have enough cash in my portmone to pay for all of it.  Chloe bailed me out and I wanted to give it back to her but I forgot to get some money at the atm. I will give it back to her when I see her this week.  I had duck.  Yummy!  Afterwards we drove back to DA to my place.  I bombarded Linda with photo albums and my shoe collection.  She is also a shoe-aholic, so she understands.  I didn’t follow my first instinct yesterday with the boots and shoes, and therefore will end up returning at least the boots.  The flats I will keep.  I made coffee and we chatted for a while.  They decided to head back to NI for the night.

I started some wash this morning, uh, afternoon.  I need to walk to the Bahnhof to get my bike that I left there yesterday.  It’s such a nice day outside, I want to get out there and enjoy some of it.  Catch y’all later…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home