Chrissy's river of action

My Blog is an outlet for my thoughts and feelings that would otherwise remain unexpressed.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Frankfurt V

I left work early today to go visit doc Santen, my endocrinologist in Ffm. I took the train as usual and actually left work with enough time to spare to lock my bike, buy a ticket, and have half a smoke. In the waiting room magazine pile was the new issue of Deutsche Vogue and it was a thick one. Lots of good stuff. I think I’ll pick it up this weekend. Doc S called me out of the waiting room saying my name really loud, or so it seemed. Maybe it was the “Herr” part that seemed a little too loud. I did tell him to use herr till such time as frau would be appropriate. The whole damned formal names and pronouns thing really gets to me. The doc gave me some good news; my genetic risk factor for embolisms is a non-issue. He also sent my cholesterol test to a lab in München that is supposed to be more exacting, whatever that means. Anyway my stats look like this with some history. (a year ago my total cholesterol was 316)

8. Jun.05
Total cholesterol = 197 (up to 200 allowed)
Estrogen = 56+ (11-41 normal male)
Testosterone = 8.1- (13.6-101 normal male)

28. Jun.05
Total cholesterol = 228 (110-220)
Triglyceride = 232 (50-150)

2. Aug.05
Total cholesterol = 230 (120-240)
Triglyceride = 142 (50-200)
LDL = 165 (60-190)
HDL = 42 (35-75)

My Cholesterol level in the last few months has been quite static. I will found out on Tuesday what the levels are, as I gave up some blood two weeks ago. My hormone levels as of the second of august did not change from the last tests in Detroit. Estrogen was around 110 and Testosterone was about 6. I don’t understand why in early june my Estrogen level was 56. Before and after it was the same. I didn’t think it fluctuated that much. The last test in Detroit could have been a false reading. I was taking tablets back then and could have had a rush of estrogen if I had taken a tablet close to the time the blood was drawn. Anyway, the doc said that things are looking good and that I should come to see him in another three months. I explained to him that I’m starting to get some acne and that I had some movement down below. He said that there was something else I could take for the testosterone called Androcur. Apparently it is some pretty powerful stuff, but I declined as he recommended that I stick with the regimen that I am on now. I am now hormonally female. Yay!

I also noticed that the gender pronouns work both ways here. Sometimes its good, sometimes bad. Today it was good. Check out these two different appointment reminders.



Frau Posted by Picasa

I hope that my Cholesterol level is ok when I go to my house doctor. If it’s not, she will ask me to start taking lipitor again. I would rather not but if she deems it prudent then I will conform. She was kinda pissed when I told her a month ago that I stopped taking it at the end of June. I don’t want to piss her off. She’s such a nice doctor.

While I was waiting for Helmut last night behind my building, I started to feel really sad again. The ride started ok but I started to cry before long. Helmut was trying to cheer me up, but I was so upset I couldn’t even speak. By the time we got to chemi’s house I had collected myself. I met chemi’s wife kristal (sp) who is a very nice woman. We sat out on their terrace and partook in many tender vittles and drink. I had some Pünkster bier and some Grappa. Oh, did I mention Matthias was also there? We all sat around bullshitting until 1.30 am, and I was in bed at 2.30 am. Scheiße! The night cheered me up and there weren’t any tears before I went to bed. I haven’t had a difficult day like that in a few weeks. I have been doing better with the drinking. The last week I stayed home mostly and drank lots of water. I can’t say this too loud or they’ll come and get me. I haven’t had any bier in the fridge in three weeks. I was hung over a bit today, mostly tired having only slept five hours. Speaking of sleep…I think I’m gonna get me some shuteye...zzzzzzzz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home