Chrissy's river of action

My Blog is an outlet for my thoughts and feelings that would otherwise remain unexpressed.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Oh her...she's a little sickly

I have apparently been sick for over two weeks and I didn’t even realize it. I went to the doctor yesterday to get my shot and discuss my cholesterol numbers. The cholesterol was fine but she was nervous about my white blood cell count. It was too high for some reason and I was able to respond to all of her questions with a no. Fever, sore throat, abscess somewhere? Nein. She checked my breathing and looked in all my head orifices, felt my glands, nothing obvious. It's like chrysler new yorker without the infection [KG]. She took a swab of my throat and more blood. I called this morning to get the results, bad news. The throat culture came out positive and my WBC count was higher than the last time, two weeks ago. She informed me that I have tonsillitis and that she was prescribing for me an antibiotic. Now that I have actually looked closely at how I have felt in the last two weeks, I realize that I have been experiencing symptoms. They have been very light so I didn’t really think anything of it. I have felt warmer than usual but I blamed that on the summer heat. I feel sort queasy but not totally, and I get a headrush if I stand up too fast. I have had slight headaches here and there also. My manicurist asked me almost two weeks ago if I had a fever because my hands were so warm.

I worked a full day today when I should have gone to the doctor to get the Rx and then headed home to get some rest. I feel like going to bed now. I will try to make it to work tomorrow for our video conference with the Japanese and then come home to rest. This will give me an excuse to take some much needed time off. And besides, Heinerfest is this weekend, yay! I was looking forward to the usual Heiner revelry, but I’m not sure I will be up to it being sick and all. I also have an electrolysis appointment tomorrow evening. I doubt that I will feel much like going to the opening night of the fest, but fortunately there are still four days left. I should probably get some rest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home