Chrissy's river of action

My Blog is an outlet for my thoughts and feelings that would otherwise remain unexpressed.

Monday, May 29, 2006

Fashion-able

I have just returned from a short shopping foray in the city centre.  I am on the hunt for some new shoes.  I am having bad luck lately with finding shoes that fit well and don’t hurt my toes.  I am cursed with the lust for pointy toes.  The curse is that I have really narrow feet and they tend to slide right to the front and crunch my toes into the toe box.  I need a nice pair of brown shoes since my wardrobe color palate has gone in the direction of browns and greens.  I already bought a pair of Bronx pointy toes in dark brown in size 41, and even though they fit, they are by the end of the day really painful.  I have tried every combination of insoles and gel inserts to no avail.  I think I will have to donate them, although I wouldn’t want to curse anyone else with such torture.  They also have the same shoe in black.  I usually wear a size 42 but when I tried them on they seemed too big.  I suppose if I were to put my thick gel inserts under the ball of my foot they might be enough to hold my foot from sliding.  I think it would be best to just give up on pointy toes and go round.  Oh well…

I spent the past weekend getting my apartment and paperwork organized so that I can concentrate on sewing again without being distracted by the chaos that my living situation had become.  I even fixed the towel rack in the bathroom.  There a few holidays coming up in the next couple of weeks that I want to take advantage of to sew some sassy new threads.  The weather here has been total shit lately.  Tomorrow it is only supposed to get into the fifties and I have no good coats to wear.  I either have light summer or heavy winter stuff to wear.  I am hoping I can make it through without having to spend money on something that I should be making.  I have more than enough fabric.

I have seen a couple of looks that I want to style myself.  One of the looks is sort of an 80’s style.  The bottom is either tapered almost skin tight jeans that are ankle length and slightly too long so they gather a little between the ankle and knee, or a fitted denim just below the knee pencil skirt, both out of black stretch denim which I bought a couple of months ago.  Then comes black leather ballet flats with the little bow tied with a lace.  I found a shop on the walk home that has them and I hope they have my size.  I will have to check later this week.  The top should be preferably a horizontal striped light jersey knit with a v-neck and three-quarter length sleeves and rather clingy.  I bought a belt to complete the look tonight.  I found a Turkish cheapo store that had belt buckles that can be customized with your choice of letters, a la Madonna’s “boy toy”.  The teens that bought one before me chose “bitch”.  I chose a smaller one and filled it in with “cunt”.  There were some older women there buying shoes and one of them remarked that she couldn’t understand why the teens wanted to wear a belt that read “bitch”.  I am glad that Germans tend to not know the word “cunt”, as it is surely a bit more nasty than bitch.  I am wearing it right now and it makes me feel really sassy!  (I hope mom doesn’t read this)  I think the only people that would know what my buckle means would be the Englanders and Americans.

I bought some chic black suede low top Adidas sneaks with hot pink stripes on Saturday.  I wore them today with a denim skirt and black tights with my aqua Art Rock baby T that has a hot pink paint splotch to tie it all together.  I wore a black cardigan with it since it is still a bit on the cool side here.  I felt really cute today.  I like having the option to mix and match to put a look together.  I also did cool toned eye makeup today, which I hardly ever wear.

Over the weekend I went through my patterns and the Burda mags to find separates to make.  I found a blazer that I want to try out in muslin first to check the fit.  I can buy Vogue and Butterick patterns here but they are really expensive.  The other problem is figuring out the correct size to cut.  European sizes are all over the map and vogue and butterick sizes are according to experience at least two sizes larger than what I have bought off the rack.  For example I have size 11 Levis that fit even a bit loose in the waist, but the jeans that I have made from vogue patterns are a size 16.  Tops and jackets are even worse.  My winter coat was a size 42/12 off the rack, an H&M blazer size 44/14, so I am a bit bewildered as to which size pattern to cut in vogue or burda.  I will probably try a size 18 in vogue and a size 44 in burda.  Both of which will be made in muslin first so as to not waste fabric.  The only problem is it all takes time, and if I need to go smaller, I will have to do another muslin to make sure the fit is correct before I go to the good fabric.  I bought some really nice beige fine stretch twill at a fabric store around the corner to make a summer suit.  I am planning on making a blazer and pants, and if there is enough fabric left over, to make a matching A-line skirt too.  I bought four meters at 18 Euro a meter, ouch!  I pre washed and dried it yesterday.  I ironed it before I folded it up and it felt really nice to the touch and it has really good hand.  I’m sure it will come out nice as long as the fit is correct.

I am happy that I have my groove back and the lust for making sassy outfits.  We’ll see what comes out of it and if I can keep it going.  I realize every morning the gaps in my wardrobe.  I am just starting out and I need to make due with what I have.  I also don’t have so much money to spend so I am trying to make the clothes that I need and buy only what I can’t make such as shoes.  Shoes…Speaking of which, I need to see an orthopedist or a podiatrist to get some arch supports made.  My left ankle has been hurting me here and there for the past couple of months.  I also need to have my cholesterol checked again since I have almost consumed the 100 Simvahexal tablets that I was directed to take by Dr. Hoppe.  I hope it will look okay.  It is also time again to visit my psychiatrist for my quarterly check-in.  Thursday I will be clearing my neck with the torture again.  She should be able to get it all within an hour I suspect (hope).  She worked on my cheeks two weeks ago.  She was almost done and I had to tell her to stop.  It hurt terribly every step of the way and I couldn’t handle it.  That was the first time that I ever told her to stop in the 60+ hours that I have completed thus far.  I suspect it was because I forgot to take an Ibuprofen before I went and the Emla had not been on my skin long enough.  I need to book the car tonight for Thursday.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:39 AM, Blogger sweet trini said…

    we know 'cunt' too...
    walk good.

     
  • At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No REAL Women would be PROUD to be called "CUNT"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home