Chrissy's river of action

My Blog is an outlet for my thoughts and feelings that would otherwise remain unexpressed.

Saturday, July 16, 2005

A-Dam X X X

I am going to Amsterdam tomorrow. Woo-hoo! I have at least booked a hotel room, the ICE train I will have to book tomorrow morning. I was hoping to take my bike with me, but if I do, I would have to change trains four times and it would take six and a half hours. macht kein spass. I think I will take the ICE as early as possible and just rent a bike when I get there. My favorite coffee house is De Dampfkring. It's all psychadelic inside, and there is usually a kitty that sits on a bar stool near the window totally stoned out of its gourd no doubt. I just want to get away from here for a couple of days, to see other surroundings. I need to check the weather.

Last night I went to the Dieburger Biergarten with Mari and Christi for something to eat, and of course drink. They had Schneider Weisse duenkel! My favorite Hefeweizen bier. I would always buy some bottles of it when I was buying local Ales at Merchant's Warehouse in Dearborn (I must really learn how to insert links). Oh, how I miss Two-Hearted Ale from Bells/Kalamazoo Brewing Co. That was one of the only things I really enjoyed about living in Detroit. Anyway, at the bier garten we talked about various things, among them losing a parent. I became so verklemmt and sad I was on the verge of tears. My emotions are becoming heavier and heavier. Part of the problem is that I haven't gone to bed earlier than 1:00 am in about two weeks. I don't usually do well when I am sleep deprived. We had some very good discussions though.

The drinking. I really need to slow down a bit. It's been difficult because there is so much going on right now, seeing as it is summer time don'tcha know. My tolerance niveau is becoming quite high. There is however no end in sight to the debaclery. And remember, wer gut schmiert, der gut fährt! (pronounced fairt)

Sorry to KPo for misquoting you. I coulda sworn that you said that about Bi's, sorry.

I should get to bed so I can be fresh for the A-Dam. Oh yeah, I haven't contacted B3ta with my blog address yet cause I'm having second thoughts. I will probably do it anyway because I am a glutton for punishment. They will probably become bored fairly quickly with my mundane existence. mal schauen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home