Chrissy's river of action

My Blog is an outlet for my thoughts and feelings that would otherwise remain unexpressed.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Rachel, Oh Rachel

I can’t stop thinking of my sister Rachel, and therefore I can’t stop crying.  She just about succeeded in killing herself two days ago.  She overdosed on some kind of pain medication.  Luckily someone found her before it was too late.  Jen was telling about how her blood tests looked, and it sounded like she should have died.  I’m glad she didn’t.  Dad must have been watching over her.

It’s too early to tell how much damage was done, they estimate that she was down for ten to twelve hours.  It’s a miracle she is still alive.  Her kidneys aren’t functioning and her muscles started to degenerate due to lack of oxygen.  She will probably need weeks, if not months, of physical therapy.  We are trying to remain hopeful that her kidney function returns and her liver survives.  Her condition is moving in the right direction.

She was so excited about coming to visit at the end of the month.  I will be going to visit her instead, in the hospital.  I booked a flight today for this coming Thursday.  Now I feel like I should be flying out tomorrow.  It’s times like these that I wished I didn’t live so far away.

Why did she have to do this to herself?  She seemed to be doing really well.  She had a good job, a nice house to live in, she was being really attentive to Tim, and she seemed to be happy.  I don’t understand.  If I am not allowed to leave this world, she shouldn’t be allowed to either.

Get better Rachel, we love you and none of us want to lose you.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home