Chrissy's river of action

My Blog is an outlet for my thoughts and feelings that would otherwise remain unexpressed.

Monday, June 04, 2007

getting to the next XXX...

Before I get into the latest A’dam debauchery (it will be lengthy one), I want to write a little bit about my designing and sewing.

In the weeks leading up to the trip I was a sewing maniac. I managed to make a new wardrobe for the trip. I made:
Black hip hugger cropped jeans with red topstitching and a red felt ‘chick’ C on the ass pocket (see previous post for pic)
Black hip hugger tube jeans with a black leather chick C on the ass pocket
Blue hip hugger boot-cut jeans with a blue chick C on the ass pocket
Olive green hip hugger boot cut corduroys
Converted a black Pillhuhn T-shirt into a slim T
Brown and white polka dot viscose jersey 40’s neckline top
Black and white polka dot viscose jersey V neck top
Black/red/beige/white floral print viscose jersey ¾ sleeve top
Black/white/red floral print viscose jersey mini-dress (see previous post for pic)
Started a black and red sporty mini-dress with mandarin collar of polyester

I also managed to make a pair of corduroy trousers to wear with the blazer that I tailored last fall. I wore the ensemble to visit VW for a meeting in Kassel. I am so glad that I had the ambition to make things because it makes me feel good to be able to wear things that I myself made. I have a perfect little production line set up. I use my newer Pfaff for normal seam sewing, the old Singer for topstitching, and the Pfaff coverlock for serging the seam allowances. I have them all set up so that I don’t skip a beat when putting together a pair of jeans. I used all stretch denims, which I think I will probably have to machine dry every other washing because they tend to stretch out and stay that way. I want to make some more tops and also some skirts for summer too.

Yay! Tickets are purchased for Sonic Youth on the 16th in Wiesbaden, Blonde Redhead in Heidelberg on the 23rd, and I might go to see The Sea and Cake at the Brotfabrik in Ffm on the 26th. I am so happy that I am finally going to see BR in concert, live even. Toll!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home