Chrissy's river of action

My Blog is an outlet for my thoughts and feelings that would otherwise remain unexpressed.

Monday, May 14, 2007

rage against the maschine

I’ve wanted to break or maim something or someone all day long. It started when finn and fredi were ridiculing magda this morning at work. I don’t think she really caught on to what they were doing, maybe she did, I just hoped it would be over quick. People can be so mean sometimes. Bad karma always comes back. A little ways into the discussion with fredi and finn, it became clear that fredi did not think about what he was doing and made a fairly large mistake. He is on vacation for the next three weeks. That means I have to correct his mistake as well as do my own ever heaping pile of work. All this fueled the fire within. Then there was the cart. The cart is what joins and guides the axle mod on the translation mod, in other words it is a fairly important part of the machine. I originally laid it out and never quite finished the design, but it did fit before he took the design over and finished it. I asked him to check his work on many occasions, but he always quietly refused. I check all my work to prevent 95% percent of my mistakes, with the remaining five percent being minor adjustments made at assembly. I did a basic optical frisk of the drawing of the cart and found it very hard to follow. I looked for the obvious and most important stuff, which he had done incorrectly. The rest I had no time to check, so I told him he was responsible for it when it doesn’t fit. The holes were off by five millimeters in some places. I was livid. The rest of the machine had gone together with minor problems that required no machining inside of a couple of days. The cart was a show stopper today. I wanted so badly to tell him that is what happens when you don’t check your work. I was very vocal at the point when he placed the cart on order, making it clear it was his responsibility. Anger, maybe even…rage? You bet. My mood was raging today, but I am tired now though. And I have hurty boobs. Thankfully, tomorrow is shot day. I don’t go looking for a fight usually when I feel this way; I have learned to control it somewhat. But, if someone brings a fight to me on one of these thankfully rare days, look out! I can go from 0 to total flip out in mere milliseconds. That’s an overstatement, but we’ll leave it at that.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home