Chrissy's river of action

My Blog is an outlet for my thoughts and feelings that would otherwise remain unexpressed.

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Druck

I find myself in a quandary. My current work contract ends on June 10, and my company has given me the paperwork to sign to extend it for two years. I haven't signed anything yet. Brand A finally contacted me again yesterday. I spoke with one of my interviewers on the phone, and here's what he had to say: "We realize that you had mentioned that you would rather work in Bensheim, but we have discussed where we need you, and we have decided we want you in Graz." Punkt. I told him there was also a personal reason that I wanted to stay in germany for about another year, and then I would be willing to move to Graz. I feel as though at some point I am going to have to be open about my wish for surgery. I have invested two years in therapy and psychiatrists with the goal of eventually receiving psychological evaluations to apply for surgery. Moving to another country at this point is attractive, but if I decide to move I will have to start all over again. Well, not totally. But I would have to wait a lot longer. It could mean the difference between one year and two. There is always the Thailand option. Funny how a job turning ugly can screw up a perfectly good plan. I am wondering what they will have me work on. One of the guys who interviewed me runs the group that develops test machines for the formula 1 engines and xmissions. That is all very high speed stuff, like as in 20,000 rpm. That is a bit out of my experience range. I have designed up to 8,000 many times with success, with a part of my very first machine capable running at 15,000. Anyway, that would be an excellent opportunity for me and very exciting work. High risk work. If they make me an offer I can't refuse, I might just take it. I feel more confident that I could have a future in a company like that. I feel trapped and abused by my current job. I have been thinking about and loathing all the things that moving entails. I wan to stay put for longer than two years. I have done 3 international moves in the last four years. By the third time I was good at it. Moving to Graz would be more comparable to my move from mass to michigan. The cultures are basically the same here and there, germanic. Bier und wurst. I agreed to call the Dr back this coming week when he would be in his office to discuss further. My company would be very upset if I virtually without notice just up and left. I have to reread my contract to make sure there aren't any clauses about giving notice before the end of the contract. I have a lot to think about.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home