Chrissy's river of action

My Blog is an outlet for my thoughts and feelings that would otherwise remain unexpressed.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

walk good

I began writing this in a reply to a new friend and fellow blogger, sweet trini. In writing it I first thought the email would become to unwieldly, but also realized I hit on something. Thanks for mentioning the topic.

I feel bad for intersexed people. At least I can make the conscious choice of gender myself. The doctors and parents that made the choice of their infant's gender should be held accountable. All because society has deemed that upon birth the happy parents need to announce the sex of the child immediately, as the world is always either black or white. Never gray. I have come to the opinion that the infant should be allowed to grow into their inherent gender before any hormones or surgery is performed. I have developed a keen sense for spotting gender conditioning. To oversimplify, Pink for girls and blue for boys. It now makes me sick. I sometimes wonder if I hadn't endured a gender-sex conditioned upbringing if things would be different now. If I had been allowed the freedom to live somewhere in the middle, maybe I wouldn't feel the need to go completely to the other extreme. I guess I could still be somewhere in the middle, in the societal "gray" zone. I guess that's really all I'll ever be, and always have been. Something to ponder...

1 Comments:

  • At 3:08 AM, Blogger sweet trini said…

    i agree with you completely, especially after doing the radio segment on intersex people (there are a couple of books out- terrifying and sad). there was an american dr. john money (of course) who was randomly assigning sex and performing the appropriate surgery on babies for years, sometimes without even telling the parents. i think children should be allowed to grow into themselves, in every way.
    walk good.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home