Chrissy's river of action

My Blog is an outlet for my thoughts and feelings that would otherwise remain unexpressed.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Frankfurt III

I'm back from Greece and on the move. Samos was a wonderful place. I'll post some pictures on my photo blog.

Heike was at work today, I gave her the honey that I bought in Samos. She told me about the latest news regarding her son Clemens. It seems she hasn't been able to get a straight answer from the docs regarding the state of his further cancer risk. She said the possibility of furhter chemo treatments as a preventative measure may be recommended. She wasn't excited about having to make this decision. Apparently he had some nerve damage in his legs from the first chemo treatment. She was worried that additional treatments could further damage his legs and possibly affect his hearing. The other side of the coin is to do nothing and wait to see what happens. That is naturally not an easy decision. I hope that whatever the decision, that he will have the chance to live and grow.

Heike offered to drive me to Frankfurt today to my therapy visit on her way home. I have been debating whether to come out to her lately, as I work rather closely with her and I feel that I can trust her. I came out to her today, and she was very understanding and supportive. I had been sort of beating around the bush about myself and where I had been if I had a doctor appointment. I somehow gave her the impression that I was terminally ill or something. She was quite happy it was only a little gender dysphoria. I can understand where she is coming from with her son's problems and all. She was very matter of fact about it and emphasized that she had absolutely no problem with it. I am thankful for another ally. She did tell me that she thought it wise that I tell my supervisor Jens soon. I have been debating about doing just that. I'm not sure when I should do it, but I do know I should do it outside of work.

My therapy session went well. I think he's an old hippie or something. I will probably do my therapy with him as he was very nice, although he has little experience treating gender dysphorics. He also explained how the health insurance paperwork is handled and what I have to do. My impression is that I could work with him and benefit from it. I can always visit the doc at the Uniklinik Ffm every couple of months for specific gender issues. What I need therapy for is not necessarily only gender issues, but rather the mental side effects caused by the gender issues. For example depression, or anxiety.

I am going to bed...more later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home