Chrissy's river of action

My Blog is an outlet for my thoughts and feelings that would otherwise remain unexpressed.

Monday, July 25, 2005

Summer Sun

This summer is turning out to be very interesting. The past few days were on the cool side with some pain. Nevertheless there was much afoot. It all started last week with a funeral. Very sad. Mari gives me a lot of support and I try to do the same in return. She and Christi such good friends.

Tuesday I found out that my company is going to cover my taxes on the sale of my home. Woo-hoo! Nothing like adding a little bit of emotion to get some results. Hey, it works for the Koreans. I'm debating whether or not to publish the email text that I wrote to my Chef (boss) for fear that he might read this someday. The thing is, I was driven to write it out of despair regarding the taxes and feeling let down. That was a difficult weekend. My total financial losses will now be at a minimum. Kool! Danke Chef!

I went to the Uniklinik in Ffm on Wednesday to meet with a psychological advisor. We sort of had an introductory meeting, but it felt more like a therapy session. The man I spoke with, Mr. F., was very nice and also very professional. I immediately felt comfortable with him because he offered to do our session in english. He also recommended that it would be best if I could do my future therapy in english. That would be the ideal situation. Speaking with him felt constructive, as opposed to the hour I spent with Dr. K. here in Darmstadt. It also gave me enough perspective to realize I don't want to do therapy with Dr. K. That would not be good for me. The idea of the Uniklinik thing is to hear your situation, and then make referrals to the appropriate mental health care professional according to your situation. He was trying to remember if there were any therapists around that speak and do therapy in english. I hope he can find someone. I go back to see Mr. F. on thursday of this week, right after my Endo appointment.

Wednesday night I met Mari and Christi at the Grohe to discuss vacation plans over a few beers. We decided on Greece. Thursday after work I met them at the travel agent. I read a little something about the Island we were considering. It sounded really nice. Samos is the place. We checked on what was available on the other islands, but in the end decided on Samos. I'm looking forward to getting away for a week and besides, I've never seen the Med.

Later that night, Johannes came to pick me up to go to the Kalkhofen with Helmut. The Kalkhofen is a bier/tier garten. They have various kinds of animals including ornery peacocks that climb all over the place and shriek. It's a pretty cool place out in the middle of the forest. I only had a couple of ebbelwoi pur.

Stef and Nate decided to come and visit on Friday evening. I hadn't seen them for over a year now. The last time was when KPo and I were about ready to get the F out of Dodge. We felt bad because we felt like we were leaving them behind to fend for themselves while we were going back to the states. Anyway, we had a good time with kebap and then we closed the Ratskeller. We also had some interesting conversation back at the apartment before we hit the sack. I like hanging out with them because they are so interesting and fun. Plus we are able to commiserate about being a stranger in a strange land. It was great to hang out with them again.

Things are not so convenient here. In the states we really do live a life of convenience. 24 hour supermarkets, air conditioning, fast food, the list goes on. The only stores open on Sundays are gas stations. Restaurants are open too. Stores are only open until 7pm in the city center on the other days. It makes one better at using your time wisely.

I met Mari and Christi at the Bahnhof Saturday morning shortly after leaving Stef and Nate to their own devices in city centre. Time was tight, but we managed to catch the S3 to Frankfurt. We went together to the Christopher Street Day a.k.a. CSD parade and fest. Trouble was were all either tired or hung over, or both. We were all kinda dragging-ass after a while and decided to go home. One can only take so much leather and piercings. I got home and slept for a while. I wanted to get up in time to go do some food shopping, but somehow diddn't make it. Later I walked to the Bahnhof to get my other bike and pedalled my ass to the Lokales. There I had a couple of beers and a pizza. Dinner of champions...

Yesterday I wrote back to Chloe about hanging out. We decided to meet at the CSD in Ffm. I was of course running late as usual, but managed to be almost on-time. She was nice and her outfit was very cute. She's a goth I guess, although she wasn't wearing much black. I met her friends Jesus and Alvero, also very interesting. We went to a Thai restaurant to get out of the rain. I have been spending lots of time in Frankfurt lately. I hope to hang out with them again soon. I can't remember the club that Jesus recommended for good drum and bass. I have to find out.

I've been rediscovering my electronic music collection lately. My living room is quite empty so I have been practicing my tech-step once again. It feels good to work up a sweat swingin to the deep dark oldies. Terry Lee Brown, Yellow Note, Plastic City's Machinery, Moving Shadow 98.1. The darkness of the jungle...the deep baselines and menacing rinses. Something about it really does something for me. I can't sit still when I hear something good.

So that was the week of not writing anything. I've had little time to dwell on anything negative, but there are still issues that need to be resolved. Like nice blogging KPo, that kinda stings what you've written there. Nice visual.

I go for my fourth injection of Estrogen tomorrow. I need sleep...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home