Chrissy's river of action

My Blog is an outlet for my thoughts and feelings that would otherwise remain unexpressed.

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Frankfurt I

Summer head colds suck. I'm sitting here waiting for my tee to cool down listening to Kruder and Dorfmeister, very relaxing. I hope to feel better tomorrow. I called in sick today and slept till 11:30. I figured it wasn't worth it to go to work feeling the way I did for only 3-4 hours. I was going to leave right after lunch anyway. I wanted to be coherent when I went to my various appointments in Frankfurt. I was, somewhat.

As usual I rode to the Bahnhof and arrived with only 5 minutes to spare. Lock bike, run to ticket machine, buy ticket, run to train...made it! It was and still is very hot today, and having a slight fever really makes for a sweaty day. I hope I have sweat all the toxins out today. This tee is working great, or wait, is it the nyquil? Probably both.

Anyway, so I made it to the Endocrinologist with time to spare. The young women at the counter were very nice. I had already filled out the questionaire, so I was left with some time to look at the Fall-Winter 2005 collections. The doc, Dr. S., came and got me out of the waiting room. He was very nice and also very easy to speak with. We discussed what I written in the questionaire, and my recent medical care. He also asked me if I would rather they refer to me as Frau instead of Herr. I told him to stick with Herr for now. I don't want to cause a stir in the waiting room. But after I thought about it, it is probably more confusing using Herr. I don't know.

The thing about the Germans, situations like the doctor's waiting room, they routinely use Frau or Herr and then your last name. In the States, they routinely use either your first and last names or only the first. I should have asked them to refer to me by first and last name without the gender formality. Moving on...

The doc told me that the dosage that I am on now is a moderate dose and that it would take a little while to adjust to it. I had wondered if that was the case. He also said that it will peak at first and then level out a little bit lower. I made another appointment for yet another full round of bloodwork. Next Tuesday 8:15 am. He also tried to put my anxiety about coming out at work to rest. He said he has experienced very few of his trans patients having trouble at work. Nice doc.

I met with Hr. F. afterwards at the Uniklinik. He had his haircut in the last week and I could see his tattoo on the side of his head. He also has some big tribal tats on his forearms. I wish I could do therapy with him. We talked about the different theray options, and especially about the fact that I really should do therapy in english. I agree. He also told me of his observation that I deal with conflict in a repressive manner. Others react in other ways, such as extreme risk taking. This was a new angle I hadn't thought about. I gained a better understanding of what benefits therapy holds for me. Sure the Trans part is a good chunk, but also to dig into the way I deal with conflict and maybe learn a more constructive way of dealing. Also the self exploration aspect, the mind is a deep dark place. He told me about an american therapist practicing in Frankfurt that does Staltung therapy. I'm not sure I understand what that means so I will do a little research.

Hr. F. said that he came up dry when he looked for an english speaking therapist with gender dysphoria experience. But his colleague will be back in the middle of August and per chance she might know someone. He said he will get back to me by the end of August. I'll try to contact that therapist he recommended in the meantime.

I am noticing more and more about fifteen minutes after getting my injections that I feel all warm and fuzzy and a bit relaxed. Feels nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home