Chrissy's river of action

My Blog is an outlet for my thoughts and feelings that would otherwise remain unexpressed.

Friday, July 29, 2005

Frankfurt Ia

The following is only my opinion according to my own experiences.

I am driven to write this morning about something that was said to me in the recent past and also yesterday by Hr. F. The comment was made that lesbians do not care for MTF transexuals. We came upon this subject while he asked me about my sexual orientation. I told him I still prefer women over men because of my past experiences with both. However, that may change in the future, but it is still too early to tell.

I had only heard of this dislike relative to feminazis. The lesbian slant is a new one. He asked me if I wanted to have a hetero or a lesbian relationship with a woman. I told him apparently it would be a lesbian relationship. Then he dropped this "fact" on me. I'm not so sure this is a "fact", but rather perhaps a minority opinion or stereotype. Case in point, I have a sibling that is lesbian and my best friends here in Germany are lesbians. They never give me grief over what I am doing. On the other hand, sex is not involved with either of these relationships.

He was telling me this and sort seemed troubled over the fact that I hadn't totally given up on the concept of having a lesbian relationship should that be the way I end up feeling. My theory is the women that feel this way are probably butch bull dykes that look like men anyway, and I therefore wouldn't find them attractive anyway. They need to get over themselves. My taste lies with the lipstick lesbian variety.

I guess the whole concept of zero tolerance within the lesbian community regarding MTF's is that by changing our gender, we are reinforcing the societal stereotypes (i.e. the masculine construct) of what women should be and act like. I don't find this very troubling as I have learned that the world today is not so black and white. It all somehow comes back to the fact that the trans community is bundled with the gay lesbian and bi community because that is the only forum where gender variance is welcome, to a point apparently.

Our numbers are perhaps not as great as the GLB, but I hope someday that we can stand on our own and have an independant Trans community. The other aspect of this whole thing is that by and large we trans people don't want to be totally out and in your face, but rather undetectable and therefore live a "normal" life after transition. If this is to be achieved then it shouldn't matter how you got there, but that you are there now and everyone needs to be loved. I am trying to keep an open mind, and besides, I have no desire for any kind of relationships other than friendships at the moment.

I'm sure I'll have more to write on this subject as the need arises, but I have to get ready to go to work for the Man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home