Chrissy's river of action

My Blog is an outlet for my thoughts and feelings that would otherwise remain unexpressed.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Frankfurt II

I was debating on whether or not to go to Cafe Einhorn in Frankfurt (Ffm) tonight. But seeing how I was already there and back once today, plus my ankle is really sore, and I need more rest, I am staying home. The Neu Isenberger Stammtich is this Saturday, so I will see probably all of the same people there as well.

My colleague Klaus helped me pick up my furniture yesterday from Lindberg here in DA. Klaus is a nice guy, but a bit of a caffeine junkie. I rented a transporter van from my job's carpool. It was really easy to drive, almost like a car. We had some pizza while we waited Mario, the owner of Lindberg. I figured it's the least I can do is to feed Klaus before I put him to work. I bought the glass coffee table, the black leather couch with two matching chairs, a two tiered table, the Italian sconces, and a coat stand. Mario threw in a black plastic and chrome stool from the sixties, and also a Bauhaus saturn lamp from the 20's. It's got a white glass globe and a glass reflector ring that resembles the rings of saturn. I'll post a pic of it and the rest.

While we were carrying the couch up the stairs, I tripped and missed the last two steps. I didn't drop the couch, but I tweaked my ankle in the process. It's kinda painful today.

I realized as soon as I got out of bed that I had an Endo appointment scheduled for 8:15 am in Ffm. It was 10 after 7 already! Damn that snooze button. I also remembered that I was supposed to fast, as today is a Lab day. I was late as usual getting to the bahnhof, but the train didn't leave on time so I made it anyway. The train was supposed to get there at 8:30 and luckily the Endo office right outside the Ffm bahnhof.

My BP was 130/71, weight 81,5 kg, and height 1800 mm. I though I had lost some weight, but I guess not. Not much has changed in regard to these numbers. The waiting room is usually filled with women with a couple of men thrown in for good measure. I think it's pretty much a given when somebody as young as I am goes to an Endo. Plus looking a bit feminine to boot. I was brought into a room with two women lying on beds and another in the blood drawing chair. Things were a bit hectic in there. I felt a bit uncomfortable when I first went in the room, like I was intruding on something. But then I realized it was just me being dumb.

The women in the room were all getting a hefty dose of something, I assume hormones or whatever. I was there only to give today. The nurse filled seven vials! I asked her if she really needed that much. Upon finishing, she told me that most of the results would be available in four weeks, and that there was another test that takes two to three months to receive the results. Some sort of molecular/genetic test I guess. A chromosome test to me is not worth it. I know that I will be XY, which means nothing to me anyway, so why bother. The nurse said that the results would be sent to Dr. Hoppe, but I'm not sure if she has the background to be able to advise me on levels and such. I figured I would have to schedule a follw-up with the Endo, so I did. Middle of september.

I got some breakfast in the bahnhof while I was waiting for the next train. Afterwards I went and picked up the new Vogue and Burda patterns mags, and also an interesting mag called ZOO. I have been thinking lately of getting a little sketch book. I found a Moleskine display and bought one of their small ones. Apparently some famous artists have used them in the past centuries. I am in good company. I made it back to DA by 10:30 am and pedalled my ass to work.

I decided upon getting to work to call Dr. Kogan in Ffm about setting up an appointment for an introductory meeting. He's the guy that Dr. F. at the Uniklinik recommended because he is american and could possibly become my therapist if he has room in his patient load. I called and got the answering machine. As soon as I started to leave my message, he picked up. Maybe because I started to speak in english. I explained about the Uniklinik recommendation, my situation, and that I need to get back into therapy soon. He made sure first that I wasn't having a crisis before he offered an appointment later in the month. I don't think I am in a crisis at the moment!? I felt I could wait a little while, at least until I get back from Greece. I hope. Sunday was a tough day. My eyes were swollen most of the day yesterday from crying. I suppose I could use someone to talk to right about now.

At least I can write all this out and maybe someone will read it someday. I am intrigued by the concept of Gestalt therapy. I found a site today that the best translation of Gestalt therapy is coherent perception therapy. I think that translates into visualization therapy. I read a little on the site about the concepts that they use. It got into how we perceive visuals and sounds and how the mind tends to organize them. I need to read it again to try to perceive it better. The doc I will see also runs a training center for it. This therapy seems kind of quackish, but I will try to keep an open mind. KPo seemed to think I am more of a visual person, so this might actually work for me. Yet more time in Ffm...I should just live there.

I want also to continue my laser treatments on my face, neck and chest. I found some place online that boasted some sort of PE system. It was described as laser light mixed with high frequency electric current. It claims to get all hair, even colorless ones. Sounds too good to be true. And to think, now I can be shocked and barbecued at the same time! I really do not want to ever do electrolosys again. I will try anything other than that. I requested a consult via email, but haven't received a reply yet. I'm wondering after visiting the tanning salon's site which made no mention of the laser thingy treatment, if they are really there. I should try to call or try to find another in the area, like Ffm? Yet more time in Ffm. In my search on the net for laser, I found that there is a major chop-shop about 3 km further down my street. They do it all, lipo, botox, boobs, epilation, etc. The site made it seem kinda shi-shi. It could be a last resort I guess.

Last night I was surfing the designer furniture sites again. They have original designs by Eams, Corboursier (sp), Gray, Mackintosh and others. I found three diffeerent sites with all the same products. The first two were from the UK and also expensive. They both claimed to pedal goods from Italy also. The third is based in Italy and is about half the price. I'm wondering if this isn't the factory that the others deal with. The first two included delivery in their price, the third doesn't. I guess if the shipping isn't as much as the total cost at the first two, then direct makes sense, as long as the goods are same-same.

They have this huge cabinet designed by CR Mackintosh that I love but it costs minimum 2500 euro. I want it. They have a folding table and several different chair designs by him also. The spooky dining chairs are great. I think I have a set picked out. I'm not sure if I am ready to part with that much dough again. It would be very nice to get it. I really need to figure out how to insert links. I promise to go back and edit in links where pertinent. But in the meantime the site is http://www.classicdesignitalia.com/.

Decisions, decisions...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home