Chrissy's river of action

My Blog is an outlet for my thoughts and feelings that would otherwise remain unexpressed.

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Crystals

Magda gave me presents on Thursday. She gave me a piece of rose quarz, rock crystal, and a salt lamp. She had told me about the salt lamps from the mine outside Krakow that we saw on the east bloc excursion. I had spoken with her last week about KPo's crystals and that my salt lamp didn't make it back to Germany. Magda is so nice. She said she still needs to give me an amethyst crystal to charge the rose quarz. She gave me some printed info from the net about care and use of the crystals. (check out the hyperlinks!)

I played tour guide for a couple of my former colleagues from Detroit for the past few days. Finally another opportunity to speak only english. I realized lately that I am starting to talk to myself in german. Scary...The dreaming in german is already common for me. I thought that was as far as it would sink in.

On Thursday evening I took them to the Mathildenhoehe, the Schloss, Herrengarten, and then to the Grohe for the good stuff. They seemed to be having a good time, although they did comment that "it's a nice place to visit". They told me that they didn't think they wouldn't be able to get used to it here. I couldn't see why not, but anyway...Friday I blew off work early to take them to Frankfurt. It started raining right as I picked up the rental at the garage. They were troopers though, we did the Ffm tour of the Zeil and Roemer Platz. While Sandi was looking at souvenirs I spied some espresso cup and saucer sets that had Gustav Klimt graphics on them. I bought them. We finished the hard day off at Kanonensteppel, an Apfelwein pub in Sachsenhausen. I tried to give them a little exposure to the local culture. Ebbelwoi is always a good bet.

We started the day on saturday by trying to get into the lang Louis monument. I thought that the monument was open from 10-2, but alas I was mistaken. The lady at the Info center told me it was to open at noon. Bummer. We decided to get on the road. Our first stop was Schloss Frankenstein. We continued on from there through Seeheim-Jugenheim and then to Bickenback. We stopped at the antik store there. There were a couple of items that were really cool. There was a beautiful writing desk, although I'm not sure exactly what style it would be classified under. I think it was what the germans call "grundzeit" which literally means basic time. It sort of reminded me of american victorian, as the woodwork was very elaborate. The other piece was a solid oak sideboard in art nouveau style. It was beautiful. It had been stripped and then oiled. I want it. The price was 1680 euro. I could probably chew him down to 1500. The only thing is, how do I get it home? I have to think about it.

We continued on towards Heidelberg. We were looking for a place to eat which turned out to be quite an ordeal. So we decided to wait unitl we were in Heidelberg to eat. Heidelberg was totally full of tourists. We had to wait in line to get into the parking garage because it was totally full. We decided to try an irish pub for some food, and besides I haven't had any Guiness in a while. The food was good. We then walked to the train to the castle and rode up. We saw the standard Chrissy tour of the castle. There were tons of amis and Japanese tourists. Sandi and Bill wanted to buy some souvenirs, the usual, bier steins and such. They both found what they were looking for right outside the castle gate. Prima! I was a little worried that the souvenir shopping might turn into a lesson in indecision. But alas, it didn't. They were actually very decisive, which made me happy. We took the stairs down to the city from the castle. Sandi looked in a couple more shops for nutcrackers and ended up finding some that she liked. Afterwards we decided to head back to DA so I could go to the Stammtich in Neu Isenberg.

I got home and began to get "reshened-up". I didn't end up leaving to go to NI until 10pm, shit. When I got there, a couple of amis were speaking with Rita at the front door. I walked past them and went to find a seat with the rest. Petra said that I should go and introduce myself, as they were waiting on me to come so they could meet me. Of most of the amis living here that I have met, none of them are able to speak german. They were nice enough. They are Jane and Ernie and they live in Heidelberg. I think they said they were from the VA area. We exchanged phone numbers and I offered for them to give me a call when they are in the Darmstadt area, they also reciprocated. Then they went home.

I sat down at the stammtich and began speaking with Petra. We discussed how I have been feeling lately, which she assured me was quite normal. I told her about my recent visits to the Endo and the Uniklinik and that I wanted to try Gestalt therapy. We had a pretty lengthy discussion which was good. There was a guy there wearing a skirt with a normal men's shirt and loafers. Kinda strange. I guess there had been some guy there before I came in, and apparently he was looking to meet a trans person for dating or whatever. She later mentioned that guy and the skirt guy to Rita and how she was worried that these rif-raf might ruin our transfrau treff. I understand her point of view about keeping things on an even keel. The restaurant where the Stammtich is held is a normal restaurant, and therefore the management would like it if we wouldn't scare the straights too much. Most of the regulars seem normal enough, and therefore do not cause a stir with the other customers. When people start showing up like it's a come as you are type thing, then the purpose of the stammtich is lost. The point is, the purpose of the stammtich is get all of us together that are in some state of transition to socialize, discuss issues, and exchange advice and experiences.

In their discussion they talked about the notion that transvestites are playing a game, whereas our gender issues and what we are doing about them is not. I have also begun to feel the same way for some time now. It was the same feeling as when Tina used to come to the Ferndale group. She would speak of things like going out and her friends, but I didn't get the feeling of seriousness from her. I guess it might be a bit of jealousy on my part because I am not able to play the game anymore. It was and is reality now. I felt a bit embarrased once when the group facilitator suggested Tina might fit in better with the crossroads group, as they are mainly a transvestite group. She suggested it so subtly that I don't think Tina got the hint.

We would have some problems sometimes in Maria's after the Ferndale group. After a while of enduring some dopey kids and various nutters, I and the other embarrased persons were trying to set things up quietly as to avoid bad situations. Some of them seemed like they should be in a hospital. The younger kids that would come, have dinner, and then either have no money to pay, or leave no tip for the waiter. Aggrevating and embarrasing. Why can't people just be normal? It's the same issue as with the stammtich. We are able to have dinner in peace at Marias because of the accepting management and staff. I was getting to the point where I didn't want to go anymore unless I knew there weren't going to be any nut jobs joining us. It may sound a bit harsh, but those persons give trans persons a bad name of which I do not want to become associated. I'm venting.

I noticed yesterday evening that I'm starting to get some hips going on. All I have to do now is work on firming up the tummy and muscles around the waist. I have become a lot more mushy around the middle as of late. I will go Tuesday for another shot of E and P.

I want to organize my picture blog later today and publish it. I'll try to conquer my latest phobia of photo albums. I need to bring back the rental car and get my bike. Afterwards I think I will try to arrange the living room furniture. I just had an idea about an entertainment unit design. Should probably sketch it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home