Chrissy's river of action

My Blog is an outlet for my thoughts and feelings that would otherwise remain unexpressed.

Saturday, January 28, 2006

News Flash!

I am not insane. I had a good visit with my psychiatrist on Wednesday. He had reviewed the questionnaires and tests that I taken, and didn’t find anything of concern. He asked me a few questions about my transition plans and about some background stuff. We discussed his role in my ongoing transition and the official evaluation. German citizens under the German system (TSG) require an official evaluation to enable them to change their name and start taking hormones. This is not an issue for me since I came here already on hormones, and the name change is a simple procedure which requires nothing other than a personal wish and a bit of time.

He concluded that I would only require an evaluation for surgery, should I decide to have it. I explained to him that I probably wouldn’t be planning surgery for about another year from now. We decided that I would visit him once a quarter just to keep in contact, and that I should continue with my bi weekly therapy with Jerry. He said once I am at the point of planning surgery, that he would then write his official evaluation and also mentioned that my therapist Jerry would be the second evaluation, whereas for surgery two are required. This is all working out a bit too easy. The written tests and questionnaires would stay in my file, and when the time comes for the official evaluations, he said it would not require much time to complete. I reiterated to him that I feel very stable and clear about what I am doing, and he confirmed that he is able to see that. I am glad that he is able to see that I am comfortable with myself, because that is how I feel.

I am very happy that my mental state and stability was given an independent seal of approval. I feel good about myself and what I have achieved thus far. For so long and for many reasons, I thought that changing my gender was an insurmountable obstacle to living a reasonably fulfilling life. I realize now that it is not only possible to get past this, but to do it with success and make it to the other side a more complete, confident and happy person. I believe I have made the correct decision for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home