Chrissy's river of action

My Blog is an outlet for my thoughts and feelings that would otherwise remain unexpressed.

Monday, February 06, 2006

Graues Himmel

I thought I posted this on Saturday, but when I looked tonight, it wasn’t there.  So make believe it’s the weekend all over again.  Pay no attention to the next post standing behind that curtain over there.  A very angry Chrissy wrote it.

What a crappy week.  I have been a total crank all week.  It has been so gray and cold here.  Some good things have come to pass this past week, but I am in a funk and need to get out of it.  Work has been full of stress and the cost analyst that sits in my office with me is driving me insane.  Thankfully I will be moving to a workroom one floor lower on Monday, and he will be staying in my old office.  I have had to justify my every design decision to the consultant, and since he feels he is a top fit designer, he believes his ideas are better than mine.  I haven’t been able to concentrate with him around without listening to my music with headphones turned up really loud.  I am not a happy camper.

I went to a concert with Helmi last Sunday in Lorsch.  We saw Wishbone Ash at the Rex Music Theater.  The venue is really small with very few seats.  The band was good, though I had never heard of them before he invited me to go.  The band has been around since 71 or something.  We saw Canned Heat there about three years ago, they were really good.  I love the blues.  I had a good time with Helmi, mostly because I was with him outside of work without him lamenting about work.

On Monday I went to La Bodega with Ellie after work for a glass of wine.  She has been inquisitive lately as to why I have to go to see the doctor all the time.  Ellie is one of our department secretaries, and if I leave within the normal office hours I have to let the secretaries know just in case someone comes looking for me.  I decided it was time to tell her about myself since I felt close enough to her to tell her.  She feels like a sister to me.  So I told her and she was very supportive.  Though she did have the same advice as Heike did.  The advice was that I have the same discussion with my business unit manager.  I am not looking forward to that discussion, but they are right, I should probably give him maximum notice so that he has time to get used to the idea.  I have known him now for eight years and still don’t like him.  I think the dislike is mutual, or at least that is the vibe I get from him.  I really try to like him, but just can’t find it me.  He is a total scalawag.

I wrote an email this week to northwest airlines trying to get my miles from the holiday flights credited.  It was a shot in the dark, but it worked out favorably.  All my miles were instantly credited and I have qualified for silver elite status.  I can hopefully reap the benefits such as free upgrades to business or first class, preferred boarding, preferred check-in, 150% miles, etc.  I have earned 76,000 miles with nwa over the past ten years.  All I have to do is fly to the states twice before the end of February 2007 to retain that status.  That won’t be a problem since this week I booked my flights to Detroit and Providence for my name change, and I am sure I will go back at least for the holidays again.  I will without a doubt end up repeating the same itinerary for as long as I live in Europe.  I am actually almost used to the long flights there and back.  Having music, something to read, and good earplugs helps.  I am happy that I will be able to visit family and friends again so soon.

I had been mulling over quitting the laser and starting back with the electrolysis.  I haven’t been able to tell so clearly if the laser I am doing now is having any effect.  I see the darker hairs that it has affected falling out, but they are few and far between now as compared to the blonde or colorless.  I think the dreaded time has come to go back to the torturous needle.  I contacted Ellen in the Odenwald to set up an appointment.  She called me in the evening and we spoke for close to an hour.  She asked if I thought I could handle a three hour session.  I will try.  I stupidly scheduled the appointment the only time she had free, the day before I fly to Detroit.  I hope my face doesn’t look to scary afterwards.  I can just imagine the little red dots and puffiness all over again.  Anyway I bit the bullet and made the first appointment.  I hope I can at least clear around my mouth and chin before I start living full time.  I would love it if I didn’t have to shave at all after going full time, but at this point I’m not sure that is a realistic goal.  I’ll just have to wait and see.

I worked on a sweater this week, it fits well, but I still need to decide how to finish the edges.  I was considering a narrow bias satin binding.  I want to finish it so I can wear it to the stammtisch tonight.  I also finished sewing the trial garment for the cropped trousers I want to make.  They fit well everywhere except for the waist,  but it seemed more that the crotch depth wasn’t correct and therefore the waistband was sitting lower than it should.  I need to try them on again and decide what to do.  I ordered a cutting table last night from a sewing supply on the net.  I am a little skeptical because it is made completely of cardboard.  Since I am holding out for an oak dining table, I don’t have any other work surface except for the floor or the end of bed.  Both of which are not very comfortable to work on, and therefore I have been less than productive with my sewing projects.  I want to make a nice pair of pants or a skirt to wear with a blazer to my name change hearing.

I bought another pair of boots online the other night.  They should arrive on Monday or Tuesday.  I have been fiending for a black pair of boots to go with nicer clothes.  Most of my new wardrobe consists of browns and greens.  I want to mix in some black and maybe purple too.  I bought the boots at 50% off the original price, so I don’t feel so guilty about it.  They are really good quality too, made by paul green in Austria.  I will hopefully have made enough clothes by the time I go full time, but I need to get stylish yet comfortable shoes for work.  There is plenty of shopping time in between now an then so I should be able to be properly prepared.

I think I will go to work today for a couple of hours to try and chip away at my negative hours.  I could probably actually get something done today without any disturbances.  Check ya later…

1 Comments:

  • At 1:04 AM, Blogger sweet trini said…

    just came by to catch up, and saw that certain person whose name shall remain unmentioned came by, being shitty. i think your response was completely valid. i know how hard it is to lock somebody off completely, but sometimes you have to, and the 1 time i've really had to, it was proved afterwards that it was the best choice i coulda made.
    you have supporters.
    walk good.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home