Chrissy's river of action

My Blog is an outlet for my thoughts and feelings that would otherwise remain unexpressed.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Partying like this..

is going to kill me. I have to realize I am not 25 anymore. My days of staying up partying all night are behind me. I feel really messed up today. I got home from a goth-batcave shindig in Mannheim at five thirty this morning. I went with Chloe, Dan, Alvero, and Jesus. Alvero spun the after party. We arrived just as Die Perlen was finishing their set. The next band to play was Katzenjammer Kabaret, from France. They rocked. The singer was dressed in a 20’s flapper dress and the guitarist was wearing a zoot suit. Mary Komplikated, the singer, was a total diva. She reminded me of Kpo, as they look similar and her style was similar too. Check out the link, their website is really well done.

I had fun, mostly looking at all the different varieties of goth punks that were there. It was a very interesting crowd to say the least. A couple of them had really cool Mohawks, and I saw some neat tats too. Their fashion I also find quite interesting. Even though I probably stuck out like a sore thumb, I didn’t feel like such a freak in that setting somehow. I’m no longer gender bending, I’ve broken it. I was able to catch a glimpse of the underground again. I used to like being part of the underground raves in Detroit, until they died out. I noticed that some of the band names that people wore as pins or t-shirts I have seen live or like to listen to. The likes of Bauhaus, Siouxsie, and Iggy. I also learned about the different kinds of lifestyles, such as wavers, goths, punks, gutter punks, Nazis (they should be stomped), etc. If I had to put a label on my tastes in regard to the life, I guess I would have to say either punk or at least I am more of a waver. When it all comes down to it, I am merely a corporate whore who likes to dabble in different underground lifestyles. It keeps life interesting.

My favorite fashion as it relates to undercurrents I would have to say is mod. I like the early sixties fashion especially. I like to look at it more than probably wear it. The era that I would have to say interests me is more 30’s-40’s, and it is stuff that I would like to make and wear. The clothing from the sixties is way easier to make, whereas the 30’s-40’s is a lot more complicated because of all the tailoring. I should consider looking at vintage patterns on eBay. I haven’t come very far this week with the blazer, but I did end up making it to Wächterhäuser on Thursday.

Thursday. I bought several patterns including a mod styled short jacket. That was an impulse buy; I saw it as I was looking for the number of the military styled jacket in vogue. I bought several other patterns as well. I got some wool fleece for sleeve heads, the guy didn’t feel like cutting my half meter, so he just gave the rest which was almost a meter. I got some tailors shoulder pads that were relatively thin but will give just the right amount of body. They are oversized and made of felt-y wool that can be cut to the exact shape desired. I also got a lot of new pins, since the ones I was using were a couple years old and mostly damaged and rough. I want to at least put the sleeve heads in tonight before going to bed.

After the sewing store I had to go to therapy. That was fun as usual. After that I went to Lush to get some more shampoo and conditioner, and I stopped by camper of course but didn’t buy anything. I went over to see Jesus at his apartment to discuss my hair and what to do about it. He will be cutting my hair on the second of October. He recommended that I do some bangs, but I am skeptical that it will make my hair on top look too thin. I did notice that I can tell when I started taking hormones relative to the hair growth. The very ends are relatively thin, and then about six inches higher it gets a lot thicker. He is going to trim it so that the scraggly ends are gone and also a bit of layering. I am excited to try something new. I just hope it comes out ok.

Chloe arrived as I was having my consult with Jesus. She and I went out to an Italian restaurant for dinner a couple of blocks away. I was about ten when we finished dinner and I decided to go with her to the Cave, a club in Ffm. Alvero showed up a couple of minutes after we got there. Chloe and he danced for a little while and then we headed to Darmstadt. I didn’t get to sleep until 2 or just after. I was toast the next morning and dragged ass all day long. Chloe is staying with me for a couple of days, as she is on vacation since getting out from under that electronics company she was working for. She will be moving back to the states soon. I will miss her. So will Jesus and Alvero.

I finally made an appointment with a dentist for tomorrow evening. I am a little scared of what the condition of my teeth will be. I haven’t been to a dentist in probably a decade or more. I hope that I won’t require lots of expensive procedures. I will find out tomorrow.

I checked online today for flights, and it seems as though they are running fall specials at the moment both here and in the states. I will probably take that time I was thinking about next month. I should check into concerts in Detroit and Boston.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home