Chrissy's river of action

My Blog is an outlet for my thoughts and feelings that would otherwise remain unexpressed.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

crack flavoured coconut

I just cracked a coconut on the kitchen floor to harvest its meat, but not before drinking its milk. you can tell a fresh one by how much air it takes in when you open one of its eyes. alnatura has the best coconuts around. lekker. i eat a coconut a week, when I am able to find them. Nun01 showed me how to crack them. luckily the buildings are all concrete here, so smashing the coconut on the kitchen floor is very effective and only damages the coconut. this one was really hard to crack. I won though, in the end.

I guess I will die healthy, or healthier. I’m not sure. I have been drinking very little alcohol, mostly limited to a glass of red wine and rarely a beer. I drink lots of really strong coffee out of tiny cups. since the nuNo1 is idddalian, coffee has become an essential part of life. thank the dog for bialetti moka express espresso makers. its so temping to overdose on espresso cause it tastes so goooood. I have been experimenting with making soy lattes, yummy.

a couple of weeks ago I experimented with a recipe for indian style lentils. I was impressed with myself that I had all the spices required. it called for cinnamon, ground cumin, turmeric, ground extra hot red chili, cardamom, and cloves. I used beluga lentils cause they are so black and wonderful tasting. it had just the right amount of heat, but I will double up on the other spices next time. I also tried to make chipati or papadams. they were really tasty. they had lots of fresh ground black pepper and garlic. I ate the lentils over a few days for dinner and every day I got better at rolling the papadams. I enjoyed that dish very much. the papadams were the most difficult part.

I haven’t bought any meat to cook in a long time. I usually eat just veggies and/or tofu. i eat meat at lunch at work for the protein. I have eaten potatoes only twice in the past seven weeks. for breakfast I have been eating self mixed musli, consisting of; rolled kamut, rolled rice, sliced almonds, coconut slivers, and some raisins for a bit of sweetness. I eat it alternately with unsweetened and sometimes sweetened soy milk. I like to eat some toast with almond butter too, saatenbrot is the good stuff. it is full of seeds and whole grains and totally brown. I have to toast it a couple of times until it gets the right crispiness. and of course a really nice cup of lavazza espresso to go with it.

I have lost lots of weight over the past several months. I was always typically floating between 165 and 170lbs for the past two or three years. I am down to 150lbs. over the past two weeks I have been 150 and 154, depending. I have lost most of my body fat. I like how my body looks, but I know if I go any lower, I will not be well. I haven’t been trying to lose any weight, it has just sort of been going away on its own. I eat three meals a day, every day. I try really hard not to skip any meals. its amazing how many calories of sugar an average person like me ate on a daily basis. you don’t really notice it until its gone. the weight loss started when I had problems with my intestinal flora dying off. the flora is now alive and well and I try to support it as best I can. I learned that having a healthy gut also means having a strong immune system.

tonight was supposed to be a list writing night of all the things I need to take care of in the next bit of time. things seem to be piling up. I decided that I can’t have much influence on the chaos at work, but I can manage it in my private life. I am nearing finally having my paperwork to apply for surgery. I have been waiting on it for many, many months now. my therpist is still dragging his feet big time. it seems as though my evaluation is the most difficult thing he has had to compose in his career. I was promised to have the documents in hand before xmas, then january 9, then january 14, then january 28, now it seems I will get it by the end of february. one can probably guess that I am not at all happy with the situation.

since I have been back home and working again after five weeks vacation, i have become very depressed. things hadn’t been going exactly well on the relationship front either. we are working on things together and I am convinced that we will find solutions. we love each other very much and have trouble being separated from each other. thank the dog for skype video calls. and the calls are free. I seriously doubt that our realtionship would have survived this long if it weren’t for video calls. I know it helps me a lot to be able to see her, even if I am not able to touch her.

I was in a deep funk the past two weeks. I was sick with some sort of virus the week I started back at work. I missed two days that week. I was relieved to not be traveling anymore and to be back in my place for a bit. but I missed being with the aquanun. there were some issues that were eating at me, and we had a discussion when she came to visit me. we weren’t really able to solve anything at that particular moment, but at least we both had a chance to express ourselves and to get a better understanding of how we are both feeling. communication is very essential, especially when you’re dealing with krocodiles.

I have been discouraged by the fact that some very important parts of my life have been static. namely the surgery evaluation and my job. I went to a kickoff meeting for the new order from VW, and it started almost exactly as the previous one. chaotic. too many questionable issues that the guy who sold it couldn’t answer. the answers will surely be costly ones. I have a trip scheduled with fredi and thilo for next wednesday to go to VW in wolfsburg. the factory there is like a small city. everything VW. a positive point from the previous project is the cutting edge design that I engineered. the machine is in the final stages of assembly on our shop floor. I am anxious to see it run up to full speed to see if it stays together. it should. if it works, it will be the only machine of its kind, at least in any of the auto manufacturers’arsenal of testing equipment. that design again challenged my engineering skills, and I am proud of the results.

it may be because I am down that I notice more people being insensitive to me and my gender. just yesterday I was making a latte in the cafeteria and one of the sometimes friendly staff walked by and I said what the germans say at lunchtime, and she said the same thing back ending with “der herr”, which means “the man” instead of “die damen”. I get kicked sometimes when I try to be nice to others. she was undoubtedly not even paying attention to me and her autopilot decided because of my voice I was a male. I have been trying to simply avoid those persons that do not respect me. sometimes trying to be nice only gets returned with something negative.

I was in amsterdam last weekend with the crocomelious. once the storm on friday night blew over, we had a nice time together. we watched a nice movie about gay cowboys. we drank some nice rosso di montalcino, and ate bimi broccoli with pasta and a nice fennel salad. I also helped the bleeding nun wash lots of dishes for four hours and was disintegrated by the time it was over. I haven’t worked that hard in a while. it was an idddalian restaurant so I pigged out on the biscotti and coffee. we also ate some nice thai food and bought some really nice gay pink tulips. I also got some good olive oil and almond butter and probiotics too.

I am going to end this now and go to bed. rest assured that I will be posting more in the future. I have this nice black new thinkpad to do damage with. I got the one you can go swimming with. not really, but woteva. I like it. I have some writing that I did on a newer trial version of word that I will post if I can figure out a way to read them again. I have no excuses now. I am in love…deeply

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home