Chrissy's river of action

My Blog is an outlet for my thoughts and feelings that would otherwise remain unexpressed.

Sunday, January 13, 2008

finding balance

Historical note:I wrote this on the train to hamsterdam on the 29th of December ‘07 with the aquanun that I got for xmas in July by my side. It doesn’t quite end in any particular way, but for want of posting, I’m cutting some corners…

I have been on the candida diet for a month now and I feel so much better in lots of ways. I haven’t been exposed to a lot of stress either, which also helps. I have so much more energy than in the past months. The biggest indication that I my immune system is getting stronger is the fact that after being in an airplane four times, including two international flights, I did not get a sinus infection. In the past, I could almost bet on becoming sick after exposing myself to the contaminated air in an airplane. The fact that I don’t feel at all sick is the best feeling in the world. The diet is really paying off, and having Nun01 doing the diet with me helped me stay on track. She’s the best crocomel eva!!!!

It was extra difficult to find the correct foods in the states to allow me to continue my homeopathic treatment. The worst disappointment was the lack of soy yoghurt. Yofu from alpro soja is the best, and anyone who has eaten it will surely agree. I did find a milk culture drink call Kefir that was comparable to the probiotics that I use in the dry form that I bought in the natural food shop in Amsterdam. The food in the states has become so expensive since I was there a year ago. Then again, I mostly ate out last year so maybe it was then too, but I didn’t notice. I shopped mostly at Trader Joe’s where I found some natural foods without sugar, but the selection was not so spectacular.

My daily treatment regimen is as follows:

25 drops of symbioflor morning and night

15 drops of grapefruit seed extract morning and night

2 capsules of capryllic acid morning and night

1 capsule of zinc plus vitamin C mornings

1 packet of magnesium dissolved in water mornings

1 glass of probiotics mornings

And no sugars!!!! I have been eating mostly vegetables and lots of variations of soy products. My doc even commented the last time I went to visit her that my total cholesterol was relatively low. I then explained to her that I wasn’t taking the simvastatin anymore and relying only on my diet. She seemed pleased in her own way. I was happy that she was satisfied.

In the beginning of doing the diet I was disappointed with the limited selection of foods that are allowed to be eaten. But as time has passed, I have become accustomed to what I can and can’t eat. The hardest time I had was when I went to a supermarket in Massachusetts. I got all cranky because I looked at a package of wheat and gluten free ginger snaps only to find that it had brown sugar in the ingredients. There were lots of soy and rice milk there, but we couldn’t find an unsweetened one. The only place that we found it was at tj’s.

NuN01 made lots of food and I tried to help out as much as possible. Xmas with the whole family was a lot of fun. She made some nice home made pasta with mushroom cream sauce. I did cheat a bit on my diet, but just for that one day. There were far too many nice sweets to pass by. I tried to look at it as a reward for not eating any sugar the whole month before. I spoke with my aunt ann about the diet, and she told me she tried but couldn’t do it. It had been too difficult for her. I told her what I was doing as far as treatments and she said that I was doing everything I could possibly do.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home