Chrissy's river of action

My Blog is an outlet for my thoughts and feelings that would otherwise remain unexpressed.

Saturday, January 26, 2008

osnamsterdamned

I am on an ICE on my way to dortmund where I will change trains and ride on to osnabruck to meet NuN01, I hope. I hope that she will have no problem with her van on her way to get me. We really haven’t driven the van since we went to berlin in the beginning of oktober. We had some problems with the headlights not working so well. In fact it was burning up fuses, or melting them at least. I ended up driving most of the way back to amsterdam while giuliana slept. We had a nice time that trip except that we were fighting for part of it and I got sick. It is not so easy between us, even now. We try not to make things complicated, but I think whereas I still have a penis makes a difference somehow. It just gets in the way. It makes me feel really good that we communicate well, and sometimes argue, but when all is said and done we still love each other very much. We are working on solutions to our differences which I find also very positive. positivissimo.

This was sort of an unplanned trip today. Sort of a spur of the moment type thing. I wanted to invite helmut and christiane and marion to dinner tonight originally. But I decided I would spend time and money to be with my kroc. I instead invited helmut and christiane over to my place last night for dinner. Marion is since two weeks back in french guyana on a business trip. I decided to make a red aubergine sauce with whole wheat pasta and fenchel salad with olive oil. I was a bit out of it to begin with the cooking. I made a big mess with frying the aubergines as usual. I didn’t make nearly enough to make a really good sauce. The sauce was so-so, but I finally broke out my wine carafe with the wide bottom that maximizes the surface area of the wine to maximize the aeration. It worked very well.

After dinner I served espresso and helmut and christiane had a small glass of ouzo and I had a shot of grappa. I broke out my old stainless steel bialetti that I haven’t used in a few years. It worked fine. We sat around the table drinking coffee and smoking and bullshitting about capitalism and how it has destroyed germany since the wall came down. After we finished with the coffee, helmut opened the second bottle of wine. The first bottle was finished with dinner; a nice bottle of rijoha from the region of crianza 2003 was the vintage. The second bottle was a bottle of merlot from ernest and julio gallo also 2003 vintage which I received as a birthday gift from the jerk walter that gave me so much trouble a year and a half ago. I swore the next day after he gave it to me that I would crack it open the day that he was to leave us for good. He sort of just disappeared one day and no one really even noticed he was not there. I was a bit skeptical as I usually am with american wines, but after it breathed a bit it tasted just fine. it wasn’t as good as the rijoha, but it was nice just the same.

Last night was the first time in two and a half years that I have been living in my apartment that christiane has come by. I guess I never invited her for whateva reason. Perhaps I was a bit put off by marion telling me that I made a mistake deciding to rent the place that I did. marion hadn’t been there since the first time she came to see the place. I have been going over their place usually for dinner every once in a while. I was happy to have them over and to entertain. It was a very nice time. We killed the second bottle of wine at 12.30 and they left me at 1.00 to go home.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home