Chrissy's river of action

My Blog is an outlet for my thoughts and feelings that would otherwise remain unexpressed.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Immerhin

Immer weiter…I outed myself to yet another coworker tonight.  His reaction was totally positive.  I am so lucky.  I am so thankful to know such open minded and good people.  I made the appointments today for next week with my company’s president on Tuesday at 2p, and then the next day with the personnel manager at 3.30p.  I obviously didn’t get the appointment time with the pres, but it will have to work.  I really don’t want to take the chance on disturbing him before he goes directly to another meeting.  I would have much rather have done it at the end of the day, because I have no idea how he will react.  He’s the pres after all, and he needs his concentration.  Maybe he will take it all in stride, I could get fired, I don’t know.  The main point is, I made the appointments and I will follow through with it.

I got really nervous after making the appointments, up until lunch where I ate a bowl of white bean soup with a wurst and bretzel.  Afterwards I was a bit more settled.  I normally don’t get that nervous, but thankfully it didn’t last long.  I got nervous because the pres’ secretary asked me for the reason that I wanted to meet with him, and if it took longer than a couple of minutes, I would have to give a better reason than “it’s a personal matter.”  She said to me “it sounds like you want to quit.”  I told her no, that wasn’t what I wanted to talk to him about.  I told her it was a sensitive personal matter, and that I couldn’t go into further detail and she finally accepted it.  I received the appointment via outlook and confirmed it.  Later on, I decided to stop by personnel to ask when the manager is usually there.  They told me they didn’t know that and that I would have to speak with his assistant.  His assistant resides with the pres’ assistant, with whom I made the appointment earlier, but by telephone.  I decided to go and make the next appointment in person, since it was on the same floor of the building.

I stepped into the office and greeted them both, and asked if I could make an appointment with the personnel chef.  She asked if it was the same reason as the other appointment with the pres (which says to me they talk), I said yes.  I also asked her to schedule it after the appointment with the pres, and she obliged.  The personnel chef’s assistant is hot and she knows it.  She and I actually have a similar style.  I seldom see her around at all, but she is always looking very chic, and I find myself envying her.  I envy her because she was always looking how I wanted to look, and will too soon.  Soon as in the 5th of April possibly.  I will gage that after I speak with the pres.  I have much to do this weekend as far as collecting information and preparing for the meetings.  I want to bring information along with me to control as much of the events of the next weeks as possible.  I figure if I supply them with the information, and information is power, then I should have the upper hand, via partially controlling their research materials.  I want to walk in to the meetings with confidence and dignity with a defined plan in hand.  I want to make it as hands-off for them as possible.  I was thinking about suggesting that all the managers be informed on the days I will be off, with the request that they inform their respective departments before I return, so that nobody will be surprised.  I have much to prepare, but I feel I can get it done.  I have no other choice at this point, and I find it good so.  I may as well just do it.  I have wanted to do it for a while now.  Alas, my leap of faith into womanhood is coming soon.

I was thinking about it last night, as if it was a new thought, an epiphany if you will…once I make the break there will be no more need to go back and forth anymore.  It felt like I was to be released, freedom granted.  Going back was especially hard the first day back at work last week.  That feeling of freedom feels really good.  The day that I have been working up to for my whole life practically, and especially hard in the past three years.  I’m ready.  It’s been quite a ride up to this point, and well worth it.  We’ll see how it pans out.  Good, I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home