Chrissy's river of action

My Blog is an outlet for my thoughts and feelings that would otherwise remain unexpressed.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Outing

I am up early again, but today should be a lot easier, although yesterday turned out to be simple.  I had my discussion with my company pres yesterday as planned.  I am such a lucky girl.

He was totally open to my transition plans.  I presented my situation to him and my coming out plan.  He accepted all of it without requesting any changes.  He had some questions about how a gender transition works and what I must do and have done to get where I am.  He seemed genuinely interested and requested copies of the German law and some background information which I will gladly supply him with.  We discussed how I wanted to tell all my coworkers, and also agreed to send a company-wide email on the day that I start working as Christine.  He basically pledged his full support, and told me if anyone gives me any trouble to let him or personnel know.  I also asked him how his co-president, he is Japanese, and he agreed to tell him himself.  I offered to speak with him personally, should he request that.  I also showed him the portrait style picture I had to give him an idea of how I look as frau.  He seemed happy the whole time we spoke, and he didn’t skip a beat.  I was very happy with our discussion, and now I must follow through.

I will meet with the personnel manager today at three thirty.  I will discuss with him the records that must be updated and about the email that will be circulated on the first day.  I don’t know him at all, but with the full support of the pres, it should go ok.  I still want to put together a web page with questions and answers for further reading and include links to more information.

The best thing about the discussion with my pres was what we didn’t talk about.  My work capacity didn’t even come into question.  I am happy he saw it as a personal change that wouldn’t affect my ability to perform my work.  He told me that he had seen a program on TV regarding transsexual transition.  It almost seemed like he had wondered if he would ever have to deal with such a person and situation, and maybe thought it would be another point to add to his leadership experience.  I am glad that there is more and more positively presented information on transsexuality.  It helps to dispel the negative impression most people probably have due to lack of factual information.  

I plan to try to speak with the chef from the cafeteria today to find out how much notice he needs to prepare enough food for the group and an estimate of the cost.  The invitation email will go out probably today.  I’ll keep posting the events as they unfold.

Thanks for the support trini!  It helps me to know that you are thinking of me.  I have wanted to write to you lately, but I am a bit overwhelmed at the moment…walk good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home