Chrissy's river of action

My Blog is an outlet for my thoughts and feelings that would otherwise remain unexpressed.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Good News?

I got some news tonight in confidence from a coworker that has me re-considering my coming out timing at work.  There are reportedly some changes that are going to take place within the personnel structure of my department within weeks, or days, I don’t know.  I can’t go into details just in case any of my colleagues read this before the changes become public.

I had planned on my first day of working as Frau for May 8th, in eight weeks.  It looks like I will be doing it in four weeks or less.  As soon as possible basically.  I feel that I am more ready than not, I had just hoped to get more prepared in the meantime.  If I was able to live day to day in female mode over the recent vacations, then I should be ready to make the break.  I guess the things that are really important to me personally right now can be accomplished anyway, just after instead of before.  Like voice training, quitting smoking, facial hair removal.  The most important thing really was the hair removal.  I will have to let what hair is left grow out for at least two days prior to the further electrolysis treatments I will need.  Whiskers on a woman aren’t exactly attractive in my opinion.  Others have done it, and so must I.  Crappy.  I need to get my shit together, and fast.

If during and after the Xmas break I felt different, confirmed if you will, that feeling has become a lot stronger since my recent trip to the states.  Mostly probably because of my name change, but I feel that I am there.  All I could think about lately when I was out with people I work with is if and when I was going to out myself to them.  I am past the point where I care who knows about my transition.  In fact I have wished I was already out, or felt that I should be.  I will no doubt make some of my doctors happy when I can show up for my next appointment and tell them I am living full time finally.  A couple of them looked at me a little disturbed that I wasn’t out yet.  I apparently was convincing enough to them.

I received my new Michigan driver’s license in the hauspost today, along with my new ATM card.  I mailed my passport application this morning to the consulate in Ffm.  My only hope now is that I receive my new passport before I start living full time.  I would like to have at least my papers in order to avoid any possible problems with work.  I’ll keep my fingers crossed.  My next step is to schedule a one on one meeting with my company’s president and out myself to him.  That should be a blast.  Then on to the personnel department.  Anyway, I have a lot to organize in a short time, but for now I am going to bed.  Gute Nacht.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home