Chrissy's river of action

My Blog is an outlet for my thoughts and feelings that would otherwise remain unexpressed.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

gonna make it

I’m going to pat myself on the back a little now.  I have effectively dealt with some of the chaos in my apartment today.  I have done the dishes, cleaned the kitchen, and washed and dried the laundry.  I managed to file away all my paperwork that had been piling up.  I wrote several letters to inform services that I subscribe to in reference to my name change.  All of my german services such as eBay, T-Mobile, T-Com, car sharing, and the company that manages my building.  That takes care of everyone that needs to know.

I wrote the other day to northwerst airlines regarding my missing miles from my travel back to the states for Easter of this year.  They only credited certain legs of the trip to my account, and since I won’t be flying back to the states twice before the end of the year, I need the miles.  In order to keep my silver elite status I have to fly at least 25000 miles per year.  Three round trips are enough to reach the required mileage.  With the missing mileage credit, I will have over 100,000 miles saved up.  That will get me a free round trip ticket from Europa to the states, but I don’t think I get the mileage should I fly that way.  I think they would be better spent with a little cash for an upgrade to business class or something.  I dream of flying business class just once.  Now that I have elite status, I usually am able to fly first class on domestic flights.  The flight is short between Boston or Providence and Detroit, but hey it’s first class.  Big seats with plenty of leg room and all the drinks and snacks you can consume in an hour and a half.

There are still a couple of things on the list to complete in the next bit of time.  I need to start writing the treatment questionnaire for my psychotherapy to apply for further sessions.  This one is a lot shorter than the last one thankfully.  I also need to contact the guy that my therapist recommended to me to translate my letter to my health insurance company regarding my gender change and my treatment wishes.  I found tonight in writing just a short formal letter was difficult, so I think I had better have the English text I have already written translated.

I also need to contact the opera singer to ask if she would be willing to work with me on my voice.  I really need to get working on it.  I feel nervous when I have to make a phone call to someone I don’t know because they always assume by my voice that I am a male.  I feel kind of stupid having to correct them.  Voice training is becoming one of my top priorities.

I also unearthed the letters to my extended family today.  I definitely need to deal with that situation once and for all.  There really isn’t any more doubt in my mind that I am on the right track and I am not going to change my course.  There is nothing holding me back and I should get it done finally before something bad happens.  I think I will print the letters out new at work some evening this week. I plan to send them out by the end of the week.  I have to hold myself to it.  I should probably check with Annie about the last addresses that I am missing.

I am giddy that I found those boots online today.  I have been trying not to be compulsive about buying shoes, but it is hard sometimes.  I really have an addiction to shoes, always have.  I need to get some sweaters and warmer tops for fall and winter. I will probably go on an H&M shopping spree in the next couple of weeks.  The bottoms I want to make myself.  Vogue has a pattern for some tapered jeans that are all the rage right now.  I bought some stretch denim in blue and also a black weave dyed stretch herringbone yesterday.  I should probably make a list of the things that I want to make.  Here goes:

Knickers-woolens-denims
Tapered jeans-denims
Short pea coat-fake green lambs fleece
Overcoat ¾ length- black or brown wool
Overcoat long-black or brown wool
Pant or Skirt suits for work in woolens
Casual skirts- corduroys or denim or wool
Bermuda shorts – woolens

As you can see I will be a very busy girl over the next two months before I am allowed to go on vacation.  The suits for work will be sort of an ongoing thing that will not necessarily be finished anytime soon.  The pants and skirts are much less time consuming and I can whip those out in a matter of hours, so I will probably work on those first.  After all, I need to have stuff to wear with my new boots that will be here on Wednesday.

I am feeling good about myself today and I hope it continues…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home