Chrissy's river of action

My Blog is an outlet for my thoughts and feelings that would otherwise remain unexpressed.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Feeling a little cramped?

I’ve had an interesting week. I went out after work with my business unit manager (BUM) on Wednesday to a pub around the corner from where we work. I invited him last week with the plan of following Ellie and Heike’s advice of telling him of my transition plans. I felt comfortable in telling him. He said that he wouldn’t be able to understand, but that he accepts it and will tolerate it, er, me. I told him that the best that I can expect. He was supportive and offered advice on how to go about telling other people like the company president and the personnel department. He suggested that I schedule an appointment with the president on a Friday afternoon just before the end of the day. He explained that the president’s wife is a social science professional and that he would probably have to rely on her for an opinion on how he should feel about me. Our president is not such a people oriented kind of person. I have met with him many times since I have moved back here, and have also noticed this about him.

Luckily, my BUM is a bit more personable, after all he is a salesman. He said that he wouldn’t treat me any differently than he would the other women in the office. We discussed other work related things for a while and I didn’t feel he changed his feeling toward me after telling him. I told him that I was thinking of getting out of the project that I am working on for him because of all the frustration as of late, but that I decided to stick with it and see it to the bitter end. He said he needed me to stay to finish it, and that he thought I was the only one who could do it. It feels nice to be needed. I did pick up and move to Europe to do just that. We drove back to the office because he wanted to do some more work. When he was about to go inside and I to go home, he thanked me for my trust in him to tell him something so personal. That made me feel glad I told him.

I rode home and called Linda when I got there. We spoke for a while and then I started to get abdominal cramps. I though I may have eaten something bad. I assumed it was food poisoning and went to bed. I was able to get to sleep, but only to wake to intense pain in my belly. I tossed and turned for hours and got hardly any sleep. During the day on Thursday I had some light nagging pain, and was of course very tired as well. That night I made some muffins with peanut butter to try to tame the savage beast that is my belly. I finished my olive corduroy cropped jeans and they fit really well. I am very happy about that. Allison wrote me a really nice and supportive letter, after having read my posts from Monday. Apparently she was also not feeling so good lately. I like having friends like her, and also that we can tell each other our feelings about each other. I am looking forward to staying with her when I go to Detroit next Sunday.

When I went to bed that night, as soon as I laid down in bed, the cramps started again and this time was a lot worse than the night before. It was so painful, I contemplated going to the hospital. I still assumed that it was food poisoning, but I didn’t have diarrhea or vomit at all. I filled a hot water bottle and went back to bed, which helped me to get to sleep.

I told Heike of my abdominal pain on friday, and she suggested it might be hormone related cramps. I remembered that I had experienced similar pain intermittently over the past several months. I remembered the last time it had happened; it was when Linda was over on a Sunday evening. I used my blog to figure out when that was. It was two days before my next double shots. I will get my double shots this coming Tuesday. It stands to reason that if it is hormone, or lack thereof, related cramps, then I will probably experience them again in about a month from now. Something to look forward to. I am thinking that going back on the pills is sounding better and better all the time. When I was told that the injection course of therapy was similar to a biological woman’s monthly cycle, I assumed it only meant the mood swings and such. I sympathize with other women, that shit really hurts. If it happens again this coming month, then I will probably talk with my doc about it.

I worked on another jeans design last night. These are cropped again, and I plan to make them out of a non-stretch herringbone denim. The first pair I made out of stretch corduroy, and with all the moving around I did today, they have stretched out too much. I prewashed and dried the fabric before I cut them out, but the fabric is too elastic. I am not a fan of stretch cottons. This brings me to the events of today.

I got up around nine-thirty, made breakfast and started to get ready for the day. I rode the train to NI where Linda picked me up. We drove to the NI center so she could return some clothes and she had also scheduled us for makeovers at the Douglas cosmetic store. Linda exchanged the sweaters for a couple of blouses and a blazer. We sat down at a café for a coffee and a smoke before we had to go for our makeovers. The waiter was about to set the tray on the table when the coffee tipped over and fell on the floor. It dumped all over the outside of my purse on its way to the floor. It partly went inside my purse too. I was livid. I will have to pay more attention to where I place my purse in the future. Luckily it didn’t damage anything, like my PDA or my cell phone. We left that mess and went to Douglas for our makeovers.

Linda went first and I watched as she was being made up because the woman who was to do me was finishing someone else. I finally got in the chair as Linda was finished. She was made up by a girl who looked like Marilyn Monroe. I was made up by a Turkish woman. She explained about the different products that she was using and was helpful with the tips. She made me up to take pictures as there was also a photographer there. She put the rouge on a bit too heavy as I found out in the pictures. I actually like some of the pictures. I got them on cd and I will post some of them to my photo blog. I told Linda the other day that I don’t really like looking at pictures of myself. She told me that she thinks I am photogenic, but I don’t think so. She told me that’s because I still see the man, and am not yet able to recognize the woman I am becoming. She is right. In the pictures taken today, I am able to see myself better. I think I will frame one and give it ma when I go there to visit in a week and a half. Pay no attention to the abuse of rouge on my cheeks. It was fun to have my makeup done and to take pictures.





















I washed my purse with woolite in the tub. I am lucky it is mostly fabric and fake leather. I hope it still looks ok after it dries. The sewing supply in Ffm called on Friday to let me know that my fitting patterns had arrived. I hoped to get them today but I ran out of time. I plan on going to Ffm on Monday after work to get them and also maybe do some shopping. I want to get a couple of light sweaters or tops to go with the pants and skirts I want to make this week to wear when I go back to the states. I need to get some more bras too.

I plan to cut out the next pair of pants tomorrow and hopefully start to construct them. I am feeling good tonight.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:03 AM, Blogger sweet trini said…

    came by to catch up and was so concerned after reading the rough night, and felt so bad that i wasn't around for you. then i read the more recent stuff, and now i'm so pleased that you made it a learning experience. talk about mood shift...
    good for you.
    walk good.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home