Chrissy's river of action

My Blog is an outlet for my thoughts and feelings that would otherwise remain unexpressed.

Saturday, February 25, 2006

an old friend

I just got home from my electrolysis appointment.  She worked on me for three hours.  She cleared both sides of my face starting at the sideburn, down to the jaw line, and over to my mouth.  The only hair left on my face is in the shape of a goatee.  I feel like ass right now.  The Emla worked a little bit, but it was mostly really painful.  I figure she got between 800 and 1000 hairs inside of three hours.  I have jowls from the swelling.  I just warmed up one of my cold compression packs on my cheeks.  I hope the swelling goes down somewhat by tomorrow.  I never should have scheduled this for the day before flying to the states.

During the treatment I have to lie totally still to enable her to get the needle down the hair shaft.  She did it with blend today.  Blend is more painful than flash, but also has a higher fry/kill rate.  I only want to have to do this for a couple of months at the most.  The whole time I try to concentrate on my breathing and to remain totally calm.   It’s difficult, as one can imagine, staying calm when someone is sticking a needle in your skin and then heating it up.  Luckily most of the hairs only took four or five seconds to come out.  When she was doing the hairs around my ears I could hear sort of a hissing sound.  I hate electrolysis, and you should too if you know what’s good for ya.  Three hours of pain cost me 165,00 euro, yay.

I will finish the new jeans I designed after posting this.  I tried them on for the first time last night, and they fit perfect.  I decided to try the pattern using non-stretch fabric because the last pair stretches too much and gives me a bad case of plumber’s crack.  These seem a bit stiffer, and the fabric was so much better to work with.  To line the pockets and waistband I used some cotton broadcloth which is actually a quilting fabric, it is a black and white print with swirls and skulls.  It adds a bit of a hardcore edge to it.  The main fabric I used is a black and white herringbone denim.  I will post a picture of the pants if I remember.

I need to start packing my bags for the trip.  I had planned on doing an early check in today, but I don’t think I am going to make it.  I need the rest of the day to finish the pants, pack, and clean my apartment.  I think I will book a taxi to bring me to the airport in the morning.  I really don’t feel like rushing right now.  I really don’t feel like doing anything right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home